The obituary of Dr Ray Steadman-Allen in today’s Sunday Telegraph mentions his service as a Patron of the London Society for Musicological Research, which I founded in 2002. Ray was always ready to give his support to musicians, and has left a rich legacy as composer and arranger. He will be fondly remembered above all for his masterly works for brass band, one of which can be heard via the link below.
- John Kersey plays Medtner Canzona matinata and Sonata tragica, op. 39 nos. 4 and 5
- John Kersey plays Schubert Allegretto in C minor, D.915
- John Kersey plays Brahms Variations and Fugue on a theme by Handel, op. 24
- John Kersey plays Brahms transc. Klengel Sonata in A major, op. 100
- John Kersey plays Fauré Barcarolles and Nocturnes (selection)
- John Kersey plays Schubert Sonata in B flat major, D960
- John Kersey plays Schubert Sonata in A major D959