The obituary of Dr Ray Steadman-Allen in today’s Sunday Telegraph mentions his service as a Patron of the London Society for Musicological Research, which I founded in 2002. Ray was always ready to give his support to musicians, and has left a rich legacy as composer and arranger. He will be fondly remembered above all for his masterly works for brass band, one of which can be heard via the link below.
- Honours and awards: Knight Grand Cross of the Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani
- On marriage
- “Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people” – Another perspective on Aleister Crowley
- Trump and liberty
- Response to falsehoods published online
- Publication of “La rivolta dei “Boxers” nella Cina dal 1899 al 1901”
- Publication of “L’Ordine Equestre del Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme”