The obituary of Dr Ray Steadman-Allen in today’s Sunday Telegraph mentions his service as a Patron of the London Society for Musicological Research, which I founded in 2002. Ray was always ready to give his support to musicians, and has left a rich legacy as composer and arranger. He will be fondly remembered above all for his masterly works for brass band, one of which can be heard via the link below.
- Honours and awards: Royal Fellow and Branch-Governor for Europe of the Royal Academy of Aristocracy
- Honours and awards: The Most Honourable Order of Omukama Chwa II Kabalega
- Honours and awards: Senator, Senior Fellow and Member of the Academic Council of the Royal Scientific Senate (Bunyoro-Kitara)
- Honours and awards: Recognition of Royal House Polanie-Patrikios by the Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom
- Honours and awards: Royal Patron and Council Member of the Heraldry Society of Africa
- Honours and awards: Honorary Royal Chaplain to H.M. the Omukama of Bunyoro-Kitara
- Honours and awards: Fellowship of the College of Violinists