The obituary of Dr Ray Steadman-Allen in today’s Sunday Telegraph mentions his service as a Patron of the London Society for Musicological Research, which I founded in 2002. Ray was always ready to give his support to musicians, and has left a rich legacy as composer and arranger. He will be fondly remembered above all for his masterly works for brass band, one of which can be heard via the link below.
- Fellowship of the National Federation of Church Musicians
- Associate Fellowship of the National College of Music
- Honours and awards: Medaglia Europea of the Federazione Italiana dei Combattenti Alleati
- Honours and awards: Attestation of Honour from the Norman Academy
- Associate Professorship in History and Religion of the International Academy of St George, Wyoming, USA
- Apostolic Blessing from Pope Francis
- Honours and awards: Knight Grand Cross of the Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani